Would you send me some explanation about demons and their effects in these days? Is it right that we as believers can rebuke bad spirits and get them out of possessed persons?
Although our struggle is with the unseen world (Eph 6: 12), yet we are exhorted to be looking to the Lord Jesus (Heb 12:2).
Now let us see what the Bible says about Demons
Demons, or devils are angels (Math 24:41) who placed their confidence in Satan when he wanted to be GOD (Is 14:12, 13 & 14). We also learn that Satan was able to We also learn that Satan was able to deceive one third of God’s angelic beings (Rev 12:4).
As mentioned above, their end is the lake of fire, but I want you to understand that they are a defeated enemy. They know this (Mark 1:24) and their destruction (Matt 8:29)and their torment.
- They cannot possess the believer in Christ because we are not our own, we are bought with a price.(1Cor 6:19,20).OWNERSHIP
- We are temple of the Holy Spirit and sealed by the Spirit of God (1Cor 6:19, Eph 1:13). Authentication that we are the Lord’s.
- We can rest assured, my dear brother, that they cannot even touch the believer unless they are allowed by the Blessed God. Read the book of Job.
- It is important to keep in mind that God is sovereign at all times. Having said this, we need to understand that there is no precise gift given to the assembly for casting out demons (Rom12, 1Cor12 & Eph 4). Yes the Lord and his disciples rebuked and cast out demons to confirm the Word of God and Christianity (Mark 16:17 to 20) but now both are confirmed (Heb 2:3, 4).
- Our present responsibility, as I see it from the Word of God, is not only to preach the gospel to lost souls that they might be liberated from the bondage of Satan and his demons, but also to fast and pray ( Matt 17:21).
Much love in Christ